Tuesday, February 11, 2014

English? Yes please.

Life became normal for me last week as my English classes started in earnest. I was happy to continue one of the longest running ministries through Evangelical Church Missions here in Brazil by going out into the rough neighborhood of Vila Esperança to give English classes. Last week Cris and I went to three classes out of the four we will regularly go to. We were called before the Wednesday morning class and told that there weren't any students in the class, last year Wednesday morning classes had the most students. In all, there were 22 students, ranging from beginner to advanced. I anticipate that throughout the next few weeks there will be more students to register and we will go out 4 times each week.

My classes also began at Life English Center. I have one VIP student on Monday evenings, 6 students in a class that meets Tuesdays & Thursdays, and 4-5 students in a Saturday morning class. I am not used to lesson planning and organization but I have put together a good template that makes things easier.

We have been looking for ways to connect our church to some of the other ministries of Evangelical Church Missions-Brazil. Last night, Monday, was the first of weekly Bible studies in the classroom where I teach English in Vila Esperança. We have encouraged the students in the classes to invite their families to the Bible study, last night 16 people attended. Tonight, Tuesday, we begin a Bible study in Life English Center, this study will be done in English and will be practice for the English students to read, listen and speak.

We appreciate your prayer and support, here are some ways you can keep us in your prayers this week.
  • For good relationships to be developed with my new students.
  • For Izabel's Citizenship process
  • Good attendance at all 4 of the weekly Bible studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment